The Sanctions Secretariat (Secretariat) is established under section 25 of the Sanctions Act as the Secretariat to the National Security Advisory Committee (NSAC) established within the Department of Prime Minister and National Executive Council (PM&NEC) under the Office of Security Coordination and Assessment (OSCA).
The Secretariat under the Department of PM&NEC is a member of the National Coordinating Committee (NCC) for Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF).
In its administration of the Sanctions Act, the functions of the Secretariat are set out under s.25 of the Act. These include:
- Issuing Notification of designation and revocation; and
- Maintaining an up-to-date Consolidated List of all persons and entities that are designated pursuant to the Act that should be made available to the public and reporting entities under the AML/CTF Act ; and
- Issuing public guidance documents to promote and assist compliance with the Sanctions Act; and
- Facilitating the sharing of information with other agencies or bodies ; and
- Providing and specifying the necessary forms and notices in the implementation of the Act; and
- Publishing information on procedures for review and revocation of a designation or to seek authorisation to deal with or make assets or financial services available to a designated person or entity; and
- Receiving reports from FASU under the AML/CTF Act
The email contact for the Sanctions Secretariat is: